Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Got me green card  (Read 2209 times)

canadablue

Got me green card
« on: 05 June 2013, 06:11:03 PM »

After almost 18 months of hell, I have finally got my US "green card" which means I'm a Permanent Resident. I am writing this from 11,000 ft. in Colorado in the town where western gunslinger and dentist Doc Holliday lived for many years. The old saloon he dealt cards in is still here. We have a cabin here and a bigger house with 28 acres in Laramie, Wyoming. And my condo in Calgary in case we have to flee back to Canada.

Anyway, I remain a UK and Canadian citizen even though I am legit. in the USA for 10 years, though I won't, I think, last that long at my age. It gets a bit confusing when people ask me where I'm from! I dunno myself any more. But I know who I support! And why have people stopped posting here? Pewpee isn't THAT scary, is he? On second thoughts . . . .

The Pupi

• Supreme Shithouse Cleaner
  • Administrator
    • Erm... this one! Talkin' City
Re: Got me green card
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2013, 03:18:51 AM »

Building an empire in passports haha. Everyone seems to have settled for the quick, cheap thrills of Twitter et al rather than the long lasting warm love of TC :)

My INS experience rated zero out of ten too. Still not sure why the Vietnamese looking Dr lady felt the need to finger sully my bottom. Maybe you have to be of a certain tightness, or slackness, to join America? Maybe it was just for a giggle!
Red makes women look cheap and men look effeminate.

Skint

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2013, 11:49:07 AM »

Building an empire in passports haha. Everyone seems to have settled for the quick, cheap thrills of Twitter et al rather than the long lasting warm love of TC :)

My INS experience rated zero out of ten too. Still not sure why the Vietnamese looking Dr lady felt the need to finger sully my bottom. Maybe you have to be of a certain tightness, or slackness, to join America? Maybe it was just for a giggle!
Maybe they suspected you were smuggling Holland's cheese pies in ?
If I wanted to wade through crap-i 'd 've joined a sewage farm!

The Pupi

• Supreme Shithouse Cleaner
  • Administrator
    • Erm... this one! Talkin' City
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2013, 04:59:07 AM »

Couldn't get a cheese stick up my arse let alone a pie ;) They let me bring them in legally last time - I was nearly crying when the customs bloke asked if I had any food or anything. Being dead honest (and cos he'd prob seen the tupperware boxes full on the scanner) I said Hollands Cheese Pies thinking they'd get confiscated but I just got a "Ooh they sound good" and all was well!
Red makes women look cheap and men look effeminate.