Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I've seen it all now!  (Read 10918 times)

The Pupi

• Supreme Shithouse Cleaner
  • Administrator
    • Erm... this one! Talkin' City
I've seen it all now!
« on: 03 February 2008, 09:29:29 PM »

We've got some little crappy thing for opening them horribly plastic sealed packages that you can never get open (like a torch or whatever) that I can't get to work, an orange peeler that I cannot get to peel oranges, more spring out organiser shelf thingys than I can shake a stick at, plus a host of other useless crappy kitchen and bathroom gadgets that never seem to serve their intended purpose and now... Franchesca has just come home from Walmart with a PAN LID HOLDER!!!
This thing takes up half your pan cupboard so that you can have all your lids stacked nice, neat and upright. I don't know if they just see her coming or if this is something that appeals to women in general. I'm not being sexist (honest) but I can't imagine a bloke coming home with this shite.

To top it all, she's now sat watching one of those real life type programmes (or whatever they call them). You know the "team lose loads of weight or have tons of plastic surgery and whoever's the most "beautiful" and we all ooh and ahh and cry and have big hugs afterwards is the winner" type shows? Well now she's somehow managed to find the house channel or something and there's this program on where some team of *ahem* professionals (led by some really loud lady with a big daft flower in her hair) comes round your house and cleans, puts stuff away (no doubt in the spacesave placcy bags and tupperware things F has got tons of) and tidies yer wardrobe for you! And that's a television show!

I feel like I've died and gone to domestic hell...
Red makes women look cheap and men look effeminate.

Tragic

• Administrator
Re: I've seen it all now!
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2008, 09:33:01 PM »

Erm...that's pretty much British terrestrial TV mate :-[

As for the pan lid holder...don't say that too loud or my Dad will want to know where he can get one!!!

ctid
City fan since birth, first match in '81, season ticket holder since '91 & glory hunter since '11...

The Pupi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2008, 09:35:44 PM »

Does he stamp your toast with one of those smiley face have a nice day things too?  ;D

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2008, 10:29:47 PM »

Does he stamp your toast with one of those smiley face have a nice day things too?  ;D
Oh I rather like that, I had an elephant one - kids loved it!

Mick

« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2008, 10:30:21 PM »

Wow - can you really get a stamp your toast with a have a nice day smiley face thing? Where do I get one?  :D

Just thought - perhaps that's how they do those amazing buns with pictures of Mother Theresa on them.
The Badger is back

Rocket

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

am watching the superbowl and they have just advertised a website where you can go to to watch reruns of all the adverts shown during the game
There's only one way of life, and thats your own

canadablue

« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2008, 12:58:32 AM »

Mick - did Mother Teresa really have amazing buns?

I'm glad to hear it, I think. Did you have to bring that creature with you here? Thought you might have left it behind to thin out the cat population of certain posters!! Oh, they're here too - well, just a thought.  :P

Kippax Cat

« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2008, 06:56:49 PM »

:'( :'(  *sob!

There's a "turn those confounded bouncing furry creatures off at once" button on here somewhere Mr C. ;)

I don't think Mick is properly dressed without his Badger. (wonders if she should rephrase that??)

Back on topic......... it's a girl thang Pupps.  My pan lids sit in holder thingies.  Stops them rolling out the cupboard and clattering onto the floor when I get a pan out!  Just take a deep breath and get another beer out of the fridge!  :-*
Come ON City!

The Pupi

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2008, 08:56:23 PM »

Well she's well buzzin' with her pan lid thing, bless. She was on the phone last night to her Mam talking about "how great it is" and now her Mam's after one. Course she asked Franchesca if they came in different sizes, presumably for the man with many pans and I got a case of the FFSake's after that. Grr and all that. I'll never understand women...

Bit of a radical solution but maybe I could get run over and end up in 1973. I bet Gene Hunt never had to put up with this! Plus, City were great back then and...
I'm thinking of starting my own revolution against domesticity. There's 3 males in our house but she insists, and always go on about, putting the bog lid down. She should lift the bugger UP!!! I'm off to hide her orange peeler and bread bag opener now - that'll teach her to mess with me!
« Last Edit: 04 February 2008, 10:22:12 PM by The Pupi »

canadablue

« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2008, 09:26:15 PM »

KC - don't fash yersen luv. I am very much a cat man. I'll not follow that up in case that Pritanical Dizzy is lurking and gets embarrassed. My password "question" on here, in fact, is the name of my cat when I lived in Manchester. Far more cuddly than badgers, who only survive because electric razors came in and shaving brushes went out. (My brother, outskirts of Exeter in Devon, has a nocturnal visiting badger which regularly destroys his garden and leaves massive earthworks. Then the deer eat all his wife's carefully tended flowers. Give me bears and cougars any day - they leave your flowers alone here. Munch the odd kid or dog, both of which seem appropriate to me, but leave the place looking good.

Mick

« Reply #10 on: 04 February 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

.... My brother, outskirts of Exeter in Devon, has a nocturnal visiting badger which regularly destroys his garden and leaves massive earthworks. ...
It's not me, Canada, honest!
The Badger is back

Tragic

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2008, 05:51:25 PM »

.... My brother, outskirts of Exeter in Devon, has a nocturnal visiting badger which regularly destroys his garden and leaves massive earthworks. ...
It's not me, Canada, honest!

On the otherhand if your brother sees a badger doing a bit of freestyle breakdancing...

ctid
City fan since birth, first match in '81, season ticket holder since '91 & glory hunter since '11...

canadablue

« Reply #12 on: 06 February 2008, 09:56:14 PM »

I'll tell him to keep his eyes open!

Mick - did you know that there's a university in Ontario called Brock University? I kid you not.

Mick

« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2008, 11:18:05 PM »

I've heard good things about Brock University, you can study for a Badger of Arts there!  ;)
The Badger is back

The Pupi

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 07 February 2008, 12:56:50 AM »

My son Keegan loves the "Badger, Badger, Badger footie" thing - does the dance and everything bless him!

Kippax Cat

« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2008, 10:07:47 AM »

I always get that thing in my head when I see Mick's badger.

No doubt if I ever happen to meet him in a pub before a game, I will think " Michael, Michael, Michael, Michael."  ;D
Come ON City!

Mick

« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2008, 10:49:43 AM »

I always get that thing in my head when I see Mick's badger.
I think you need to revisit that phrase!  :o

No doubt if I ever happen to meet him in a pub before a game, I will think " Michael, Michael, Michael, Michael."  ;D
Well don't say it out loud, I won't know what you're on about - the only people who call me Michael are my mother and my sister.
The Badger is back

canadablue

« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2008, 12:33:19 AM »

Dangerous info. is that, Michael. ;D ::)

Mick

« Reply #18 on: 12 February 2008, 12:19:07 AM »

What?  ;)
The Badger is back

Kippax Cat

« Reply #19 on: 13 February 2008, 08:57:11 PM »

the only people who call me Michael are my mother and my sister.

but.............."Mick" doesn't scan as well! ;)
Come ON City!

Mick

« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2008, 09:15:28 PM »

the only people who call me Michael are my mother and my sister.

but.............."Mick" doesn't scan as well! ;)
Errrm - "Badger" scans. Can I refer you to the original?  www.badgerbadgerbadger.com  ;D

People have been known to call me Badger, ever since I adopted my little furry avatar, who made his first appearance with me on TC. I can't do him in ASCII, or he'd be in my sig on Wookies too.
The Badger is back

Norb

• ...Rising
    • My Espen Obituary Page
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2008, 11:05:27 PM »

___,,___
           _,-='=- =-  -`"--.__,,.._
        ,-;// /  - -       -   -= - "=.
      ,'///    -     -   -   =  - ==-=\`.
     |/// /  =    `. - =   == - =.=_,,._ `=/|
    ///    -   -    \  - - = ,ndDMHHMM/\b  \\
  ,' - / /        / /\ =  - /MM(,,._`YQMML  `|
 <_,=^Kkm / / / / ///H|wnWWdMKKK#""-;. `"0\  |
        `""QkmmmmmnWMMM\""WHMKKMM\   `--. \> \
 hjm          `""'  `->>>    ``WHMb,.    `-_<@)
                                `"QMM`.
                                   `>>>
I'm a hateful little SMARTASS

Mick

« Reply #22 on: 14 February 2008, 10:13:15 PM »

Blimey Norb - that's a big one!  :o

Cheers!
The Badger is back

Mick

« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2008, 10:23:04 PM »

Bah - it didn't work. I had to faff around for ages to get my old one to line up, thinking about it. Now Wookies is off line - hope I haven't broken it!
The Badger is back